Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

Think on th' eternal home,
The Saviour left for you;
Think on the Lord most holy, come
To dwell with hearts untrue:
So shall ye tread untired His pastoral ways,
And in the darkness sing your carol of high praise.

--from Keble's The Christian Year, Thoughts in Verse



Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Gorgeous Autumn Sunday

Wow, it's so glorious out today!  The view from the steps of our little country church was breathtaking this morning. It's a  perfect day for a long walk--I hope I can coax someone into going out on one with me. 
Walking four dogs at once is possible, but daunting.  (My own three and the resident foster pug.)

Last night I began on a new lace scarf knitting pattern.  I haven't done much in this way before, so it was a matter of several false starts before I finally got the thing going.  I'm pleased with myself for not giving up, though. Quitting is always such an alluring prospect when things aren't going right, especially on a complicated knitting project.

Speaking of which, I've gotten hold of a book I must read:  Embracing Your Inner Critic.  Frankly, I'd rather crack mine over the head with a sledgehammer than embrace it when I think of the strangle hold it's had over me most of my life, but the subtitle reassures me it could be a good thing: "Turning Self-Criticism into a Creative Asset".  Fear of failure and misplaced perfectionism have robbed me of many opportunities over the years, and it's time to quit kowtowing to them. Sometimes when I peruse Etsy or other internet sites,and see the exquisite things other women are making, I'm overcome with feelings of inadequacy and envy over their talents and--what's more--their boldness. Is it any wonder I always identified with the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz?  "If I only had the noive..."

I am a wimp.....But I can change.....If I have to.....I guess.

1 comment :

  1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Love your Etsy and your puppies are adorable! Love the poms they're so fluffy

    ReplyDelete