Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Gorgeous Autumn Sunday

Wow, it's so glorious out today!  The view from the steps of our little country church was breathtaking this morning. It's a  perfect day for a long walk--I hope I can coax someone into going out on one with me. 
Walking four dogs at once is possible, but daunting.  (My own three and the resident foster pug.)

Last night I began on a new lace scarf knitting pattern.  I haven't done much in this way before, so it was a matter of several false starts before I finally got the thing going.  I'm pleased with myself for not giving up, though. Quitting is always such an alluring prospect when things aren't going right, especially on a complicated knitting project.

Speaking of which, I've gotten hold of a book I must read:  Embracing Your Inner Critic.  Frankly, I'd rather crack mine over the head with a sledgehammer than embrace it when I think of the strangle hold it's had over me most of my life, but the subtitle reassures me it could be a good thing: "Turning Self-Criticism into a Creative Asset".  Fear of failure and misplaced perfectionism have robbed me of many opportunities over the years, and it's time to quit kowtowing to them. Sometimes when I peruse Etsy or other internet sites,and see the exquisite things other women are making, I'm overcome with feelings of inadequacy and envy over their talents and--what's more--their boldness. Is it any wonder I always identified with the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz?  "If I only had the noive..."

I am a wimp.....But I can change.....If I have to.....I guess.

1 comment :

  1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Love your Etsy and your puppies are adorable! Love the poms they're so fluffy

    ReplyDelete