Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

That Was Then, This Is Now...

Got the blahs today...  Mostly because of the weather, I suspect, which is slushy and grey and gloomy, but then the news about Davy Jones' passing was a bit of a bummer, too.  As a kid in the sixties, this group had a bigger impact on me than the Beatles. I was a huge Mickey Dolenz fan. And I still love the Monkees' music. 
Now I'm a Believer, Auntie Griselda, Steppin' Stone, Last Train to Clarksville, Valeri... Those are just a few of the songs coming to mind as I write this. As I was saying to an Etsy acquaintance, even though we all know they've gone on aging just like the rest of us, somehow you have a sense that they're still 22 years old and wearing their double-button shirts and bell bottoms. Youth is fleeting--what a poignant reminder.  Ah, well....

Okay, now for something more cheerful.  My husband and I took a quick trip into town today and I got to dodge into the Goodwill and look for fabric.  I didn't find any I wanted, but I did find....

this!!!
Isn't it fabulous?  I love this wonderful tacky junk!  A gem amid the rubble of Wal-Mart cast-offs...  And I'm the one who found it and snapped it up!

1 comment :

  1. Davy Jones died?
    I also liked the monkees more of a Beatles fan tho...
    I actually just watched Scooby Doo meets Davy Jones!

    ReplyDelete