Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Sunday, March 18, 2012

March Madness

This is what I've been looking at out my window this week:

Granted, it is not a lot of snow, but the point is, it's snow.  In mid-March.  And when it wasn't snowing, it was wildly windy, with branches coming down everywhere.  (One big one crashed down just where our bookkeeper's car had been parked only moments before. Thank God for perfect timing!)  In between snow flurries, we've had sleet and hail. And LOTS of drenching, lashing RAIN. 

I have NOT been a happy camper.

Ah, well... 
Here's what I have been doing, when I could squeeze in the time:  Making lots of little wedding favor bags for a most delightful bride in Australia.  It's exciting to have my first custom order, but also terrifying!








Meanwhile, I have received an order for one of my poodle toilet paper cozies--!  I've been asked to make a hot pink one for an Etsy customer who lives on a houseboat  in the U.K.!  (Why is it my TP poodles have a more exciting life than I do?!)

I did  have a couple of nifty finds at Goodwill this week.  My husband had to drive into Vancouver for parts this week, so I rode along and coaxed him into letting me dash inside for about 10 minutes.  I found a vintage Vera Neumann linen dishtowel:

and a Grandma Moses crewel embroidery piece (unframed):
and this terrific vintage British Colony Hong Kong plastic and wicker handbag.  Isn't it fabulous?




I decided to keep the purse, at least for a while, but the other items I listed on my Melmac Paradise site (etsy) and they sold almost as fast as I posted them!   I love it when that happens!


  
This coming week, I have GOT to get organized for income taxes.  I've never been this late before.  Ick, ick, ick.  Beats me why we can't just have a national sales tax and be done with this maniacal income tax return rigmarole every year.

Meanwhile, the snow has started in again and is supposed to be hanging around tomorrow, so I've got winter and taxes to tackle...

It does rather seem like adding insult to injury, wouldn't you say?

"O Wind, if Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?"  (Well, yes, apparently!)



1 comment :

  1. The snow pictures look pretty

    Yesterday we had great weather in missouri and today non stop thunder and rain.

    ReplyDelete