Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Crazy Friendships Are Best

Today I want to introduce you to my partner-in-mayhem and best friend/sister-in-law, Claudia. (That's Claudia on the left and me on the right. This photo was taken on her wedding day.  I was her Battle-Axe of Honor.)


At long last, she has opened up her own Etsy shop, SlapHappyGoose, so please check it out!  She's already left me in the dust with her creative sales photography, of which I give you a few samples:



 Isn't this terrific?  I just love it!  Claudia always astonishes me with her wonderfully offbeat flair.  On my next post I'll show you some photos of her house so you can pore over her eclectic vintage decor, which is tremendous fun!

Meanwhile, be sure to check out her shop at
www.slaphappygoose.etsy.com

I happen to know she just scored some terrific vintage junque and is putting it up for sale as I write.
(I know because I was with her when she bought it!) I also acquired some fun goodies at the sale, but as I'm still in vacation mode (hah!) I won't be listing any of them just yet.

What is it with time you carve out for yourself, that it inevitably fills up with unplanned urgent stuff you end up having to do instead?

Ah, well....   Life is what happens when you've made other plans...


Today's urgent duties call for me to figure out how to brush my dogs' teeth without any cooperation on their part whatsoever, weeding some flowerbeds during our brief interlude of sunshine, dealing with a company that sends me unwanted CDs after I've declined them and then wants me to pay up, and the usual post-holiday cleaning and decluttering.  THEN I hope to get back to sewing and creating...  If I do manage to produce something, I'll post some photos later.  I don't recommend holding your breath!

P.S. The braided lemon bread recipe I posted about was a great success!  I recommend it highly.


No comments :

Post a Comment