Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

Think on th' eternal home,
The Saviour left for you;
Think on the Lord most holy, come
To dwell with hearts untrue:
So shall ye tread untired His pastoral ways,
And in the darkness sing your carol of high praise.

--from Keble's The Christian Year, Thoughts in Verse



Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Poodle Marathon

It's been a grueling business, but I'm on the home stretch with the poodles.  Today I put the final touches on the three candidates for the coveted "Robin's Egg Blue" Poodle Toilet Paper Cozy destined for the U.K.  Here is a quick sneak preview--excuse, please, the duddy photos.




This gal (gypsy?  flapper?  Elton John groupie?) has removable golden eye embellishments.  I don't know why!


I have three more to complete, but there's no hurry with them.  One thing I realized is that the ears are getting longer and longer with every poodle I make and I need to cut that out!  It causes them to hang funny.

I now need to get cracking on some Strawberry Shortcake party favor bags I've promised an Etsy customer in Australia.  What a breeze that will be after all this maniacal crocheting and pompom-ing.

Peppy's doing quite well and I haven't seen any limping at all the past few days.  He looks longingly at Lollia and Wickham when they're off romping in the dense growth along the fence, but it won't be too much time now before I can let him off the leash and let him join the fun.

Okay, signing off.                 MUST...........HAVE...........COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments :

Post a Comment