Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Poodle Marathon

It's been a grueling business, but I'm on the home stretch with the poodles.  Today I put the final touches on the three candidates for the coveted "Robin's Egg Blue" Poodle Toilet Paper Cozy destined for the U.K.  Here is a quick sneak preview--excuse, please, the duddy photos.




This gal (gypsy?  flapper?  Elton John groupie?) has removable golden eye embellishments.  I don't know why!


I have three more to complete, but there's no hurry with them.  One thing I realized is that the ears are getting longer and longer with every poodle I make and I need to cut that out!  It causes them to hang funny.

I now need to get cracking on some Strawberry Shortcake party favor bags I've promised an Etsy customer in Australia.  What a breeze that will be after all this maniacal crocheting and pompom-ing.

Peppy's doing quite well and I haven't seen any limping at all the past few days.  He looks longingly at Lollia and Wickham when they're off romping in the dense growth along the fence, but it won't be too much time now before I can let him off the leash and let him join the fun.

Okay, signing off.                 MUST...........HAVE...........COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments :

Post a Comment