Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Facelift: It's Becoming Unavoidable

sphynx kittens
All right, smart aleck! No, that is not me and that wasn't actually what I meant!




(The photo is from Pinterest and these are sphinx kittens, I'll have you know.)

It's just that I've been perusing some other blogs, and I realize mine is

UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DUDDY LOOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOMELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not to mention:

VISUALLY BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a gorgeous one I just ran across, and very interesting as well:
 
http://prairieflowerfarm.blogspot.com/

It's not so much that I just now realized how blah my blog looked--I've been thinking about the need to jazz it up for a while--but now I know I REALLY need to jazz it up, get a new template, the works. Finding the time, however...always the challenge. I'd welcome any suggestions or help from readers, keeping in mind I am nearly technology-illiterate. 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, I tortured you with a grotesque photograph at the beginning of this post, so I'll reward you now with a lovely portrait to make up for it:

Watercolor portrait of Lollia by Ron Krajewski 
This artist is on Etsy (dogartstudio is the name of his shop, if I recall, though he does other animals besides dogs). This is what I chose for my birthday present a year or so ago, having Lolly immortalized. Type in "custom pet portrait" in the search bar of Etsy and you'll find scads of wonderful and willing pet artists. Some will even do a realistic felt sculpture of your dog or cat. They're pretty amazing!

That's it for this post. I hope to unveil some new creations/works in progress in the next one.  Stay tuned!
  

No comments :

Post a Comment