Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday's Finds: Paper Treasure!

Hi, friends! 

It's been a wildly busy week and I've been on the go nonstop since I got up this morning, but I did want to dash off a quick post to let you know what I found today. It was so exciting!

My husband and I had to drop a package off at the music school where my son and daughter-in-law teach, and there's a little thrift shop that's just opened about a block away. I'd been there once before and got some nice fabric bits and linens, so I went in hoping to find more remnants.  Which I did, but that's not what I want to show you this time.

What I found was vintage wrapping paper!!! I brought home a bagful!  Wonderful retro graphics like you just don't see anymore.  Here's just a sampling of what I obtained:


    
Aren't these marvelous? And these are just examples of the loose sheets I got. I have a bunch more that are still in their original clear plastic packages!  Wahooooo!!!!!!!!!   I LOVE this stuff.  I'll be sorting it out tonight and hopefully will be able to list some in a day or two--after I figure out which patterns I can bear to part with!

I also wanted you to know that my goal is to have a new post every day through Christmas. There's always so much to talk about and enjoy during this holiday season.

Tomorrow I'll finally be following up on the Liebster Award nomination. I've been working on answering Christina's questions and I will have my own nominations ready to post.  I hope you enjoy it.

  

 

1 comment :

  1. I adore the beautiful wrapping paper! I look forward to reading all of your new posts for the
    Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete