Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Friday, February 8, 2013

A Cold Night and a Frosty Morning


Good morning! It's a bit brisk outside today (26 degrees) but the sky is clear and the sun is shining, so it promises to be a beautiful day.

Last night was cold enough to drive my solitude-loving cat, Crook, who usually hangs out on the foot of the bed in my sewing room/spare room, to find a new place of solitary comfort under the toasty woodstove:

And this morning, it was plain to see where our sweet outdoor dog, Dexter, who seems to thrive on cold, had spent the early morning hours:


It always gives me a kick to see his melty outline in the frosted grass where he's been relaxing. He actually had little ice balls on his port-side whiskers this morning where he'd been lying his head against the ground!

It's hard to get a proper photo of Dex as he's a bit suspicious of the camera, but I did manage to snap these today by dint of distracting him with a molasses dog biscuit.


 Wickham is envious, but then Wickham gets his regular snack of raw carrot and a little dog cookie at noon, and Dexter doesn't.



We don't know how old Dexter is, though he's at least 16. He wandered, a stray, onto our place years ago and when my husband tried to send him packing, Dexter hid under our porch and so managed to avoid eviction. The kids and I were delighted, of course, and even my husband had to give grudging admiration for Dexter's powers of passive resistance. Eventually Dex's sweet nature won over even my curmudgeonly non-dog-lover spouse, and now even hubby is very fond of our old friend. Everybody loves Dexter!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Well, my plans for the day--out and about with my sister-in-law--have been postponed. So I'll have to wait and share that adventure another day. But I do have photos snapped for a quick project post later on, and after I've done my day's work, I'll (hopefully) have time to put that up. 

Meanwhile, have a lovely Friday!  Today is a blessing--take time to thank God for His goodness.
   

 

No comments :

Post a Comment