Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tonight I feel like this:
 

Only she looks so much better at being frazzled and exhausted than I do!

It's been a grueling week of sewing and shipping deadlines. I'm glad to be finished, but I sure am tired! I wrapped and boxed up a total about 130 wedding bags today. A very "cottage chic" assortment, of which I show you a sampling:




Tomorrow I hope to "clear the decks" for the next order. My poor kitchen table is laden with fabric, ribbon, tissue paper, tulle, and other bag-making detritus, and the counters are piled high with bubble wrap, boxes, shipping envelopes, tape guns, and packing slips. I think we'll eat standing up tonight.

I'm glad, though, to have taken the time this morning to read aloud Luke 23 with my husband. The small and petty things that typically unsettle me are put into prompt perspective when I remember what Jesus endured--willingly, gladly--during his final hours. 

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Hebrews 12:3.

It is humbling, and yet so encouraging! 

Which leads us to today's portion of Earth's Greatest Day, chapter 4.






 








  
 

No comments :

Post a Comment