Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Friday, October 25, 2013

Keeping Busy

I've been listing items on Etsy at a frantic pace (that translates into about 4-6 items a day. Whoopie!) trying to get ready for the upcoming Christmas sales season. Madeline was big help to me while she was here--she modeled masses of clothes for me so I could get some decent photos instead of my usual dreary shots of limp-looking garments sagging off my phony plastic half-mannequin, hanging against the closet door. I still have lots more to deal with, but at least I'm making headway at last. 

Taking photos at my house is always a challenge. It seems there's always something unsightly in the background that needs to be avoided--from the ham radio antennae wires my husband has strung all over the place like a massive spider's web, to weedy flowerbeds and sagging fences. It's not much better inside--just different!

So anyway, I'm pleased Madeline and I were able to prevail--mostly! Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so, because no sooner had I posted some of the new listings, but I got a very complimentary message from an Etsian from France, complimenting me on both the photographs and my model! That was encouraging. If Madeline ever gets tired of being a scientist, I guess she can take up posing as a back-up career~!

Let me show you some of the photos:




I had such a good time while she was here! Just laughing and talking, going for long daily walks, doing a bit of shopping... It's a fine thing indeed to have a daughter. If I sound proud of her, it's because I am!

Meanwhile, I've had a setback. For the first time, I've had a purchase returned for a refund. Fortunately it wasn't because the buyer didn't like it, but because it turned out the friend for whom she chose it, already had one. (A set of bronze cowboy bookends.) Still, it was one of my high-dollar items, so it's disappointing. They'll be going back up sale after I've made a proper inspection of them. Maybe someone will want them for a nice Christmas gift.

 Well, got to rush...  I'll try to post again soon. Enjoy your autumn!


 


No comments :

Post a Comment