Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Friday, February 14, 2014

For Those Wonderful People Out There in the Dark


Staying up night after night watching the winter Olympics will do this to a person. I should know... This is my life...

Gloria Swanson as Norma Desmond in the classic film Sunset Boulevard

Sorry, folks! You'll have to make do with my stand-in this morning. I'm on my way to a Valentine's Day flea market! Norma's asked me to keep an eye out for some Hollywood Regency while I'm out and about and she's here holding down the fort, but I'm more excited about the prospect of finding tacky vintage plastic.

With any luck the Sheer Trash Roadshow will be putting in an appearance in a day or two, so do check back, you wonderful people out there, you!





















No comments :

Post a Comment