Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Sunday, February 16, 2014

ZZZZZzzzzz.....

 The surge of energy I reported a few days ago has dwindled away and I have to admit to nodding off on the couch during last night's Olympic broadcast. Well, I'll chalk it up to a beauty sleep.

 



We had wild, gusting winds most of yesterday afternoon and I even woke from a sound sleep last night hearing some massive gusts slamming against the house, and the weatherman tells us that was the "baby storm" and we're getting the Big Brother tonight. That means a probable blackout so I may not be able to post for a bit. So this will be a quick entry and I'll show you those dolls I mentioned later on.

Meanwhile, I thought you might enjoy looking at a few dubious Olympic items I've found for sale while perusing Etsy. (If you're the seller and you're offended, please feel free to make fun of my stuff in retaliation. I am, after all, a woman who makes and offers crochet poodle toilet paper cozies for sale. You'll find plenty of scope for mockery.) And I'm told all publicity good publicity...

Lame Olympic Stuff
Wool Felted Embroidered Doorknob Hanger Banner OOAK Primitive Ornament USA Sochi Heart Red White Blue
www.etsy.com/listing/179099184/wool-felted-embroidered-doorknob-hanger


Michael Phelps Greeting Card  (5 x 3) with Envelope Included
www.etsy.com/listing/107647595/michael-phelps-greeting-card-5-x-3-with

Handmade Olympic Rings Coaster Set
www.etsy.com/listing/105353474/handmade-olympic-rings-coaster-set



Olympic Poo Charm Set
www.etsy.com/listing/173375120/olympic-poo-charm-set      
(Is this a reference to the toilet situation in the Olympic village?)



Instant Download - Curling Rock Hat Crochet Pattern
www.etsy.com/listing/155718609/instant-download-curling-rock-hat

(Actually I'm rather smitten with this hat! It's just absurd enough to be fun!)


Figure skating pillow, skater pillow, Winter Olympics, small pillow, oil cloth, pink, 10 x 10"
www.etsy.com/listing/176712718/figure-skating-pillow-skater-pillow



Men's USA AMERICAN FLAG G-String Thong Lingerie Male Patriotic Underwear
www.etsy.com/listing/160016620/mens-usa-american-flag-g-string-thong
Please, please NO!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments :

Post a Comment