Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Purses!


Today I'm pleased to report that I finished the three purses I began a few weeks ago. The gluing wasn't even traumatic! I guess I'm making progress.

I'm very taken with these odd bemused-looking cats printed on this lovely indigo blue corduroy. These will be appearing in MyPalPeppy very shortly, where I hope they'll be a hit and help raise funds for Displaced Pets Rescue. One of their rescues, Tyson, has had major issues with an infected eye and they are in dire need of funds to pay the vet.
This is Tyson. His right eye could not be saved, unfortunately. He's a sweetie, though!



Here are some close-ups of this terrific novelty fabric. The cats look so baffled!




The other purse I finished is the spring green lace one. I'm especially happy with how the interior of this one turned out.




I say that I am putting these in my Etsy shops, but actually, it's possible they may not get there. This Saturday I am participating in my first-ever craft bazaar at a local church. I've rented a table for $15--not too bad--and I've been digging out handmade items all day and pricing them. Actually, it was surprising to see how many things I had to sell--hats, favor bags, stuffed animals, zip up pouches...  It will be good to see some of these go to good homes rather than being stored away. One of my daughters-in-law and her sweet baby are coming to keep me company for part of the day, bless her. I'm a hermit--a convivial hermit, it is true--but mainly I enjoy people only in small doses. Five hours of face-to-face selling will be a bit daunting. I shall look upon it as a learning experience; if I make a profit, so much the better.

Do check out Tyson's story and his progress. You can access either the Displaced Pets Rescue website or find them on Facebook. They have some lovely, lovely little dogs needing homes now!

 http://displacedpetsrescue.com/Available.html

https://www.facebook.com/DisplacedPetsRescue

No comments :

Post a Comment