Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Monday, June 2, 2014

The Man of the Hour


Well, canine of the hour...



Peppy and I got exciting news yesterday when we received word that MyPalPeppy would be one of two featured shops in Epsteam's weekly treasury challenge! Okay, I'm more excited than Peppy is--he's very philosophical about these things. But he's happy that I'm happy. And I'm glad for the potential boost for the shop which, as most of you know, does its small bit to support animal rescue efforts in the Pacific Northwest. 

In a nutshell, two shops are chosen, and each shop submits an item for promotion. In the ensuing week, team members who want to participate in the challenge make a treasury using both items, which are required, and then other items of their choosing from (mostly) Epsteam shops to complete the treasury. It's fun to see all the different twists the members come up with!

My shop's featured item is this tureen/jam pot:

Spanish Rabbit Jam Pot or Mini Tureen
www.etsy.com/listing/188068709/spanish-rabbit-jam-pot-or-mini-tureen





Helen of naturegirl22 (she's the true big cheese this week--her treasury won last week's challenge) chose this item:

Vintage Solid Brass Precision Tire Gauge, Healey Coachworks Ltd Fine Motor Coach Accessories, Brass Tire Gauge with Case in Original Box
www.etsy.com/listing/182879230/vintage-solid-brass-precision-tire-gauge

Already today there have been 20 treasuries posted (unless I've missed a few) and it's been a fun, frenetic day of checking them all out and giving them support.

Here's a small sampling, if you'd like to check them out:

www.etsy.com/treasury/MzE0NTk1MDd8MjcyNjI4Mjg4OA/for-the-love-of-epsteams-greens-and

www.etsy.com/treasury/MzU4ODIyMzF8MjcyNjI4NTY4OA/bunnies-and-brass

www.etsy.com/treasury/MTc5ODczODN8MjcyMzcyNDI4MQ/dont-forget-dear-old-dad

www.etsy.com/treasury/MjAwMjc1NjF8MjcyNjI4MzUzOA/on-golden-pond

www.etsy.com/treasury/MTI5NDI3MzF8MjcyNjI4MzkzMA/the-potpourri-shop-epsteam


Mostly, this is what I've spent the day working on, but I did have a few packages to ship out today and I had fun dolling them up. Over the weekend a couple of favorites were sold--the kind of items I almost hope won't go because I've gotten attached to them--but that's life as a semi-hoarder-Etsy-picker-seller. (I wonder if I could work up alternate lyrics for the old Music Man hit using that term?)

 
Anyway, back to the sold stuff: one fairly rare big plastic sad-eyed cat and a copy of a hard-to-find picture book by Roger Duvoisin:



In honor of the cat, I broke out some special vintage fabric and made up bags for both items. I love this print, and making bags is my way of getting to play around at sewing and having an excuse to collect vintage novelty fabric. I don't sew particularly well--by that I mean I suffer from FOZAB syndrome (fear of zippers and buttonholes) but bags are easy to make,take minimal time, and make (I hope!) a happy surprise for the recipients. 

Well, I must close and go out take my stint on the lawnmower before the rain sets in again. The menfolk and I are taking it in shifts because it's a big yard and the riding mower has finally given up the ghost.

Tune in tomorrow for an update on Peppy's five minutes of fame!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment