Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Friday, February 6, 2015

Recent Discoveries

www.etsy.com/treasury/MTA0ODU1ODB8MjcyNzI0MDUyMg/pineapple-what-pineapple





My husband has been both amused and annoyed by the national news over the past couple of days, reporting dire and drenching rains and flooding from the "Pineapple Express" weather current. Since it is always raining and often flooding in our neck of the woods at this time of year, it seems so silly to make anything of it. It's just life as normal in the soggy Pacific Northwest. 

Anyway, that's why I made the above treasury this morning. I figured I might as well have some fun out it. 

Okay, to backtrack...

Last post I mentioned getting a nifty vintage lithographed tin toy/storage case, and I promised to show it to you:


It's actually a suitcase sort of affair that opens out into a play fort:







Very cool, especially as it reminds me of the local historic site, Fort Vancouver, which I've toured with my kids many times over the years. http://www.nps.gov/fova/index.htm





My playset is missing nearly all of its original contents, though there are a few cavalry men and Indians left, plus a few bits of fort equipment. Interestingly enough, though, it contained other bits of tantalizing vintage toy treasure.

First, some bowling dice. Not sure what game these went to, but they're rather cute little things.
Next, I have some intriguing keys--at least, I guess they're called keys. These would have gone with a short-lived but highly collectible toy car series made by Corgi in the UK for about a 2-year period in the 1970s. They were produced in competition with Hotwheels, and were apparently a whole lot cooler, according to the posts I've found by their avid admirers.
Mystery keys--do you know what model Corgi car/play set these went with?



I have found some of the keys for sale on eBay, but not quite like these particular ones. I'm fairly sure I can sell them, but I'd like to be able to identify them properly before I put them up for grabs.

Now for my favorite bits!  



Does anyone else out there remember these?

I used to live up the street from two sisters who had the most marvelous glow-in-the-dark game I used to love to play. I've reminisced about it over the years, but couldn't remember its name or much about it, apart from how much fun we used to have playing it. These little ghosts prompted me to sleuth around a bit on the internet and identify my old favorite at last.

 Green Ghost!


This link has a great, clear photo of the game and pieces, as well as a description of the game. Apparently I'm not the only one who remembers and loves this game! Do check it out:
 
http://www.greenghostgame.com/


I remember us neighborhood kids all crammed into the bathroom playing this, because it was the only room in the house without a window, and we wanted the pieces good and luminous. Of course, if play lagged, the lights had to be turned on from time to time to charge things up again. Still, it was a very cool toy and one I'd like to find and have myself. I understand it was reproduced again some years back, but the one I played with was the original which came out in 1965 and was made by Transogram.

Okay, enough with the waltzing down Memory Lane. I'm involved in the Friday Night treasury blitz put on by Epsteam, and I'm already way behind with clicks and views! Talk to you again soon.






No comments :

Post a Comment