Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Poodle Collection, Summer 2016 Line

Hey, I promised you a look at the new poodles I've been making. So, without further ado, I present the summer 2016 line of useless tacky toilet paper crocheted poodle cozies in order of their recent appearances in my shop.


Kitsch Fifties Style Pink Toilet Tissue Poodle Cozy, Toilet Paper Roll Poodle Cozy
www.etsy.com/listing/400620407/kitsch-fifties-style-pink-toilet-tissue

First off, my bubblegum pink poodle. Or poodles, actually, since I made more-or-less duplicate poodles in two different sizes:
A size for either a MODERN sized roll (4 1/2" diameter) or the smaller TRADITIONAL sized roll (3 3/4" - 4")
I have a special penchant for the pink poodles.

Next, let me introduce my classic white poodle cozy, looking quietly sophisticated in her strand of blue pearls. (I decided it might be nice to make poodle cozies in colors of real poodles for a change.)
Keeping that thought, I whipped up this nutmeg brown fellow next. He's so handsome!
And while grey (or silver) poodles are certainly real poodles, I had to indulge in a bit of whimsy on my next one. She is a cowgirl...er, cowdog. Cowbitch? Okay, I am SO not going there.

My next attempt at a realistically-colored poodle presented me with some difficulties. I wanted to make a lovely chocolate-brown poodle like some I've seen in photos. The difficulty, though, as I soon discovered, is making the features stand out against the dark-colored yarn. I had to contrive a bit. It was necessary to forego my usual plastic eyelash eyes and to use teddy bear eyes and sequin lashes instead. I also add a felt tongue to bring some measure of contrast to all that dark brown.

I don't know how I'll ever manage to turn out a plausible black poodle. (Plausible, she says. A plausible crocheted poodle toilet paper cover. Uh huh. Well, good luck with that.) 

In fact, I've given up on this idea--at least for now. And I've gone back to sheer nonsense:



Presenting my latest masterpiece, the Droopy New Dad poodle! The baby was fun to work on--you've got to have a closer look. I was fortunate enough to find resin cabochons for the head. Just wish I could get other colors!

I'll probably take a hiatus on poodles for a bit now unless I get a custom order. I have been experimenting with a cat toilet paper cozy, but so far I'm not happy with how it's turning out. If I manage to get it tweaked into something I can live with, I'll share it, too. 










































No comments :

Post a Comment