Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

Think on th' eternal home,
The Saviour left for you;
Think on the Lord most holy, come
To dwell with hearts untrue:
So shall ye tread untired His pastoral ways,
And in the darkness sing your carol of high praise.

--from Keble's The Christian Year, Thoughts in Verse



Thursday, August 25, 2016

Blurry Photo Taken in the Woods... Could It Be?

I live in an area steeped with sasquatch lore, and even members of my own family have had their startling and terrifying encounters out in the woods. I haven't been lucky enough to have my own sighting (or unlucky, as one of those still-traumatized witnesses assures me)--that is, until today.

You'll have to pardon the blurry photograph. When your hands are shaking, it's hard to get a clear shot.

Here's what I saw.



What? You're on to me? Okay, then. I'll confess to the hoax. But it was fun while it lasted, wasn't it?

What you are actually seeing is my latest toilet paper cozy. Some months ago I decided to experiment with making a cat design cozy, but I ran short of both yarn and enthusiasm, so it's been sitting unfinished in my bedroom ever since. Every time I walked past it, it mocked me and made me feel guilty. So I began plotting my revenge. And today I got it.

My erstwhile cat cozy has become....


Bigfoot!




www.etsy.com/listing/461209452/sasquatch-toilet-tissue-cozybigfoot



Yeah, I know it's a useless pursuit, but hey! It keeps me off the streets. 

Thanks for reading!

And a reminder to check out the facebook page--fun stuff posted there almost every day!  www.facebook.com/SheerTrashRoadshow










No comments :

Post a Comment