Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Monday, October 17, 2016

It's That Time Again... The Importance of One Vote

(Please note: This is an excerpt of a post from 2012. It seems worth repeating.)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Though I try not to get too serious in this blog (or anywhere else, for that matter) I did want to take this opportunity, so close to election time, to address one very important subject

Now, don't get frightened--I'm not going to start endorsing or condemning candidates here, nor will I be slinging mud, nor weighing the issues. But I did want to share this small article which I clipped out of a company newsletter many years ago. I can't vouch for the accuracy of these claims; I simply recopy the article here for your consideration. I hope you will read it and pass it along. 

 

  The Importance of One Vote

  • In 1645, one vote gave Oliver Cromwell control over England.
  •  In 1649,one vote caused Charles I of England to be executed.
  • In 1776, one vote gave America the English language instead of German.
  • In 1845, one vote brought Texas into the Union.
  • In 1868, one vote saved President Andrew Johnson from impeachment.
  • In 1876, one vote changed France's form of government from a monarchy to a republic.
  • In 1923, one vote gave Hitler control of the Nazi party.
  • In 1941, one vote saved the military draft just weeks before Pearl Harbor.        


    No comments :

    Post a Comment