Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Saturday, November 12, 2011

New Listings

All right, now I can show you what I've been working for the past week.  I've just put up some new listings for gift bag assortments.  These cost a bit less than the French seam bags I've already got up for sale, so perhaps someone will give them a try.

First, my green collection:

And then my fun Cowboy Christmas collection:

      I'm especially fond of the wonderful vintage plisse cowboy print fabric.  Here's a close-up:


I have lots more bags already made which I need to photograph and list, made of different new and vintage Christmas fabrics.  I also need to get cracking on the dog walking pouches for the My Pal Peppy site.  I have about four or five of them half made. They got put on the back burner when I started the Christmas stuff, but it occurs to me someone might want to buy them for gifts, so I'd better get with it!

The bags look like this one, though I don't have the wrist strap or clip pictured:  Howdy Doo (Doo) Bag: Dog Walker Tote
I make them in two different sizes, small and smaller!  I like them because when I go out to walk, I rarely have less than three dogs on leashes, and sometimes four.  These bags let me take my keys, phone, driver's license, and plastic clean-up bags, and I can just hook the bag to a belt loop. It's a big help! (These aren't my own design, by the way. I got them from the Lisa Lam site, http://u-handbag.typepad.com/)

Good Cause Stocking Stuffer: Magnetic Bookmark
And as long as I'm doing all this shameless product promotion here, I might as well show these little goodies,also. These are my magnetic bookmarks. I make them myself, from an antique greeting card in my collection. They come in a nifty little packet and would be perfect for stocking stuffers...hint, hint.

By the way, the fruitcakes I made last Saturday turned out beautifully and are mellowing in my refrigerator until Thanksgiving, when we finally get to sample one.

ON THE DOG FRONT:
The situation with our foster pug is becoming more complicated.  My middle son and his wife found her, just after she'd been dumped. They brought her to us, since they live in a small no-pets-allowed apartment, and we have a large fenced yard and a menagerie already.  She's a quiet, low-key dog, but has not been reliably house-trained by her previous owners, and I'm not making much headway getting her into the "let us know when you have to go" routine.  Additionally, she's a dominant canine, and while the poms have learned to tolerate her, they're getting stressed out and are starting to exhibit some indoor territory marking behavior--definitely not cool, and my husband is getting weary with it all.  I seem to be constantly washing rugs and wiping up messes. My daughter and her husband would love to have her, but it means shipping her across the country, and trying to figure out a way not to offend my son and daughter-in-law, who were hoping we'd keep her for a year or thereabouts until they can afford another apartment.  Poor little girl...  And poor me, caught in the middle!



Lollia, Bea the pug, and Peppy

No comments :

Post a Comment