Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Homer Laughlin Mystery Plate


Despite the ankle (now mending nicely, though technicolored) I did get out yesterday for a grocery run and hit a few sales.  One was a church rummage sale and I got a big piece of barkcloth someone had framed--it's is the coolest print of two herons--really large, and the seller seemed apologetic at charging me $2.00 for it. I'm amazed no one else recognized it for what it was and snapped it up.  I'm going to remove it from the frame and carefully wash the cloth.  I think it will go for big bucks.  I've got to get a decent photograph, though--this one doesn't do it justice.




Also at the rummage sale yesterday I got two Homer Laughlin plates from the fifties.  One I can identify as the Wild Grapes pattern, but the other is a mystery.  It has a red and green caladium plant on it and I haven't been able to find this pattern on the internet yet.  Ideas, anyone? 
Wild Grapes by Homer Laughlin

Mystery Pattern...  Can you identify it?  HELP!!


Peppy's getting more mobile each day, though he's still pretty weak and tottering.  Most of the time he just sleeps or lies quietly.  Today is his final day of being on two high-powered pain killers at one time.  From here on it will be just Rimadyl and, if needed, and Metacam.  Last night I took him out into the warm sunshine while I worked in the flowerbed and he crawled underneath a rhododendron bush and quietly watched. 

No comments :

Post a Comment