Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Monday, May 7, 2012

A Quick Update on Pep's Surgery

I spoke to the vet this evening who called with this brief report:

Peppy's surgery was successful, but I guess it took longer than expected and both kneecaps were very difficult to get back in place.  The level 4 knee in particular was a challenge.  I'll know more tomorrow when I go to pick him up.

I guess it must have been extensive, because the vet said he opted not to do the teeth cleaning because Pep had already been under anesthesia for a long time.  Another concern was that oral work sometimes kicks up bacteria in the bloodstream, and that might have posed extra risk.  Peppy will be on antibiotics for a while.

Tonight he's on injectable pain meds.  Someone is on duty until 8 p.m. and the next person comes on at 4 a.m. Hopefully he'll be so doped up he'll just sleep through.

No comments :

Post a Comment