Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Just Because It's June! June! June!

It was months ago that I began on this project.  At the time, I thought I'd have it done in a week or so, tops.  Ha ha.  (That was a "mirthless laugh" there.)  As the saying goes, Life is what happens when you've made other plans. There's definitely been a lot of life going on--visitors, Peppy's surgery and recovery, Etsy business, learning to do Pinterest, and getting my son ready to travel east for college right after 4th of July. Creative pursuits kept getting shoved aside. From time to time, I'd make a stab at continuing, but for some reason, I couldn't seem to get inspired. On Saturday night, though, I finally had a breakthrough and the ideas began falling into place.  More tweaking of the final product yesterday and today, and I'm declaring the project finis!

What, you may ask, just is this new project?  Well, it's not so much a new project as it is a variation on an old one. I'd like to show you what the well-dressed toilet tissue roll couple is wearing in honor of June:

The dashing groom, with his specially wavy fur, looks dapper in his black tux and pale blue bow tie. The bride, resplendent in white, wears a satin skirt overlaid with lace, a daisy-trimmed lace veil, and a pearl choker. She's also wearing the proverbial "something blue" on one paw which I hope she will not be so crass as to allow the groom to take off and hurl to the male guests at the reception. The duo will be on sale at my Etsy store, My Pal Peppy, and we'll see if the world is ready for this newest of wedding trends... It certainly is no sillier than wedding sand, in my opinion.

1 comment :

  1. It seems crazy that june is almost over
    I really like these TP poodles I wish I had them when I got married for a table centerpiece :)
    I like that she is wearing pearls since thats the birth stone for june ( Im a june baby )

    ReplyDelete