Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Well, the little neighbor kid next door that my son grew up just graduated from high school, and 3 weeks from today, my youngest (and only "still at home") kid takes off for the east coast to live with his sister and her husband, and go to college there. Tempus fugit, all right. I'm going to miss my Boo Boo Bear.  (Don't tell him I shared that nickname!)

But about his sister...  Since her birthday is a couple of days past, I can show you now what I made for her present:


Cool, huh?  It's the first purse I've made in several months, so I had to work my nerve up to start in.  I'm always afraid I'm going to make a major screw-up on a project like this, but to my surprise, it went fairly easily.  I did forget to put in the fusible interfacing to stiffen it up, but the quilted fabric I used makes up for that somewhat on its own. And I'm still fudging a bit at the seams where the frame hinges sit, but eventually I hope I'll get that part figured out, and meanwhile, a bit of sneaky stitching with plain old needle and thread closed up the gaps.

The Etsy shops have been rather busy the last few days.  I usually see sales go up around the middle of the month--I guess everyone has gotten a paycheck.  I've been too busy to list many new items, though.  However, I've been in one BNR yesterday that netted a sale and today I'm in this one:

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTI4MzMwMjh8MjcyMDM5MDcxNQ/open-best-of-etsy-bns-by-ecochicsoaps

It's a very dramatic "black" item treasury and my humble item is the black lab:


Applique Fabric: Large Black Labrador Retriever, Dog Applique

Well, my husband is back from a quick run to the store so we're off to do a bit of junking today.  So maybe I'll have a "Saturday Finds" column before the day's out!

No comments :

Post a Comment