Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Friday, June 15, 2012

Notice Anything Different?

Well, today I didn't do an iota of garage sale-ing. (Saling? Saleing?  Those don't look right, either.)  I stayed home and shipped packages and tried to dig my house out of the chaotic abyss it keeps slipping back into every time my back is turned.  I also gave Lollia a bath.

The upshot of that is, I'm not going to post a "Friday Finds" this week.  (Stop cheering, you!)



What I will do, however, is tell you how Peppy's doing.  Notice anything different in this photograph I took of him today?  If you spotted the fact that he's not on a leash, you are correct!  Even though it's not officially 6 weeks of recovery time until Monday, the vet saw Peppy yesterday and said he can start having some off-leash time now.  Not all the time yet, but intermittently, so he can build up strength and stamina.  He's also allowed to try stairs again!  So far, he's managed the two steps up to the porch, and we've brought out his little steps up to the couch again, but he hasn't attempted to go up the full staircase yet.  He keeps looking at me to see if it's really okay for him to be out walking about the yard unattended.  We're both so happy!

Speaking of my (sadly neglected) yard, look at this beauty!

This is most luscious, gorgeous rosy pink poppy I have ever beheld. I don't know the variety, unfortunately. In fact, I'm not even sure where I obtained it.  My sister-in-law gave me a start, probably. The first two years it has had only a single bloom, but this year, there are seven or so more buds. My orange poppies, on the other hand, are going great guns, as are my pale pink "Princess Victoria Louise" poppies.  A love a big, bold, gorgeous flower--perhaps because we have such a short season here, I want all the impact possible.

I'm starting a bunch of new crochet patterns I bought from various Etsy sellers.  I'm very jazzed and will let you know how it goes!  I also have some more poodles just about ready to be revealed. 

So, until next time...  Signing off!






No comments :

Post a Comment