Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Fairy Tale for Dachsund Fans

Once upon a time, there was a homely, self-conscious little stuffed dachsund named Wendy.  She had a funny kink in the tip of her tail, her ears differed slightly in length and were cocked at a funny angle. Worst of all was her droopy basset hound neckline--just not the thing for a dachsund at all. 

This could be a very dreary little tale, but I'm happy to tell you that Wendy is a very resourceful girl.  She took stock of herself, admitted her flaws openly, and then--like any girl worth her salt--she opted for the wisest course open to her:  disguise, coupled with overachievement.

First, she adopted a crooked smile to set off her offset ears.
Then, she donned a jeweled collar especially designed to cover her neckline imperfections.


She conspired with her Fairy Dogmother for an afternoon. And finally, she drew upon all her hidden strengths, tossed on a glittery cape, and became....

A Super Heroine!!!


Introducing
WENDY THE WONDER WEENIE!!!!

 Of course, being both an honest and modest superheroine, 
Wendy wishes to give the credit for her brainstorm transformation to her idol:

  

Coming Soon to an Etsy Shop near you (www.MyPalPeppy.etsy.com,  to be precise)
where she will join her loyal sidekick and faithful swain
Sweeney the Weenie!!! 

I hope you'll help spread the word so we can contribute more to cover Teddy's adoption fees so he can find a new home sooner:
 
 
http://displacedpetsrescue.com/Available.html
This month, MyPalPeppy customers have helped raise $35.00 for Teddy's adoption fee account.
BRAVO AND WELL DONE, PATRONS!

I hope to have an update on Teddy soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment