Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Monday, December 24, 2012

Oh, Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree, What Wondrous Tacky Plastic.... 
My husband has slipped off to his shop to do his annual Christmas Eve gift wrapping, I've been upstairs slapping tags on some last-minute packages, and my son just came in to ask me the best way to wrap a gag gift he got for his dad. 

It was snowing last night but it has melted off. No rain for the moment, so I may get a brief walk with the dogs today--I hope so.  I've got some housework and laundry to race through and then on to the festivities...

Now that there are no little Santa-believers in the house anymore, we have a bit of fun with sneaking down the wrapped presents one by one throughout the day and putting them under the tree (or whatever passes for a tree on any given year--this year it's my white plastic one above). We do the same with stockings. Hang 'em early and occasionally notice a new bulge in each one. It's such silly fun! The stockings we'll plunder in the morning, but we don't open our "real" presents until sunset on Christmas Day, after we've enjoyed our dinner and a bit of a lazy nap afterward.

Talk to you again shortly...  I have some delightful stories to share!  

 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment