Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Monday, December 24, 2012

My daughter just phoned to chat a bit about Christmas preparations. She lives on the east coast and we're on the west coast, and later today Wyatt is going to get Skype going so we can have a proper "visit". But I have got to show you what she sent for our granddaughter's gift!

Those of you who follow the blog know that Benita loves our pomeranians dearly. My daughter found her a life-size stuffed Pomeranian made by the company "Melissa and Doug" (www.MelissaAndDoug.com) and she shipped it out for us to present to Benita this evening. It will be so interesting to see her reactions first Christmas. Well, the first since she was an infant.

Benita, with a dog brush in each hand, attempts to groom a less-than-enthusiastic Peppy.
Benita has a very nice aunt! 
  

No comments :

Post a Comment