Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Monday, December 24, 2012

Wyatt just finished making a big batch of cheese twists for Christmas morning breakfast. We have them every year. They're so savory, to tasty, so full of lovely delicious salt and fat... And they smell so good... It will be hard to wait until tomorrow.
These are easy to make. You need a box of puff pastry sheets, an egg, water, and cheese.


Preheat your oven to 400. Gently unfold and roll out the pastry sheets. Brush both with a mixture of 1 egg + 1 tbsp. water. Sprinkle one sheet liberally with the grated cheeses of your choice.

Place the non-cheesy pastry sheet atop the other one, eggy side down, so you have a sort of giant sandwich. Press sheets together lightly. Cut into strips. Twist each strip and place on a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper-lined sheet.  Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown. 

Yummy, yummy easy cheese twists!
Pair that tomorrow with homemade eggnog, perhaps a bit of fruit, and it's an annual breakfast of bliss!

No comments :

Post a Comment