Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Monday, March 25, 2013

A Pleasant Monday


VINTAGE 50's EASTER BUNNY purple and white, made in japan, unused condition 8" tall x 3"
Cute little vintage rabbit, for sale here: www.etsy.com/listing/123923531/vintage-50s-easter-bunny-purple-and

The sun came out today, and it was actually warm(ish)! So delightful! I've been inside working on the haste-to-the-wedding custom bag order, but I've popped out a few times to enjoy the rays. I love the fragrant smell of soil when Spring finally arrives.

I'm off to a good start on the rush order. I have about 60 of them nearly ready for sewing. Another productive day like today, and I will be ready to ship them even earlier than I anticipated. Rah, rah!
Tomorrow I'll have some photos to share.

This evening I hope to find time to start re-reading a much-prized little booklet I have had for many years, Earth's Greatest Day. I obtained it originally from a Christian radio broadcast called The Heaven and Home Hour. I don't know if the program still exists or not.  

The booklet was lost for a very long time, but last year I unearthed it when cleaning out some files. Great was my rejoicing, I can assure you! I'd tried for years to find a replacement copy, without success. No internet search had managed to turn it up.

 I do have the author's name written down somewhere--I'll try and find it so I can post it here tomorrow. Meanwhile, I've scanned the prologue into my computer and will share it here with you now, hoping the author and/or her descendents will not consider I am taking a copyright liberty. This work is so valuable I feel it's incumbent upon me to share it, and if I could find track down the necessary information that would allow me to obtain permission, I would gladly do so.  Do bear with me--my copy of this publication is very old and battered, so excuse the image quality.

May Earth's Greatest Day bless your spirit this Easter week. 



 


  

No comments :

Post a Comment