Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Quick Post Before a Wild Week


A Sunday School paper of my mother's, circa 1935. Full text below.


In a moment of weakness (polite term for utter insanity) I have agreed to a rush order of wedding bags that I need to ship by Friday, so I don't expect to have much opportunity to post for several days. Maybe I'll entertain you, though, with photos of my harried self as I deteriorate into a gibbering mass of protoplasm by the end of the week. 

Ordinarily I wouldn't let one bride jump ahead in the queue, but my other custom order is for a wedding in July, and it's well underway. Additionally, Bride #2 has obligingly given me carte blanche to design away and mix/match styles of lace based on what's to hand. She's got a great sense of humor and is willing to put up with my panic. So I'm making simple muslin bags with (hopefully!) lots of charm but not too many fussy details

So far, here's what I have going. It's to be vertical strips of lace on tea-colored muslin, very simple:



Meanwhile, back on the ranch...

It's my husband's birthday and I spent yesterday making him a cake from scratch. He's been mourning the loss of his beloved Hostess Ding Dongs, so I made a very chocolatey bundt cake, filled it with rich fluffy buttercream, and topped it with bittersweet chocolate ganache glaze. I've been on very good behavior of late, eating very few sweets, but I shall splurge on a slice of this:


Well, time to get ready for church. I wish you all a lovely and meaningful Palm Sunday and Easter Week. 



    

No comments :

Post a Comment