Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Good Stuff

Lungwort...A hideous name for a most beautiful and carefree perennial. Mine is in full blooming mode already, even in my late, cold little micro-zone. This photo doesn't do it justice--beautiful pink buds open to blue flowers, over gorgeous spotted leaves. A carefree treasure!

Good morning!

I'm anticipating a busy day of sewing as I plug along on my wedding favor bag order. Yesterday I got the first 50 well underway: pinning, marking, and sewing the first seam of each. Today, it will be ironing, measuring out ribbon, more pinning, and more marking.

Don't you love my ironing board cover? It was a "splurge" to which I treated myself. I bought it on Etsy, of course! Oddly enough, I find that this cheery print definitely improves how I feel about an essentially dreary task. Here's the shop I bought it from:www.etsy.com/shop/CityChicCountryMouse


 Since I'm going to be quite busy today, I know I won't have time to do much posting, so I thought I'd share some good things I've found on other blogs this morning.

First of all, check this out! It's the Lisa Lam blog from which I learned to make purses, and she has the cutest idea for documenting a baby's growth. You could do it with grandkids or pets, too. It's clever and simple:

http://u-handbag.typepad.com/uhandblog/2013/03/baby-youre-one.html

The Bag Making Bible - Signed Book
Lisa Lam's newest book. Her website has lots of terrific free tutorials. You've GOT to check it out! If I can make a purse, anyone can!

Then my friend Vanessa (regular reader and poster here!) published a fascinating account of the history of the Kewpie Doll and included photos of her own collection. I enjoyed this, and I know you will, too:

Rose O'Neill, the creator of the Kewpie Doll. Isn't this a wonderful portrait? Thanks, Vanessa, for teaching me something new and interesting about vintage toys today.
http://vintagetoyfun.blogspot.com/2013/03/all-about-kewpies-part-1.html

Good music is among the ultimate of "good stuff". I don't know about you, but I have to have something going on in the background when I'm working at a project. My radio favorite is KQAC (formerly KBPS), an exceptional membership-owned classical music station based in Portland, Oregon. It's not affiliated with National Public Radio, but is supported entirely by listeners and interested private firms and organizations. You can listen to their live stream online for free. Of course, if you can give a donation, so much the better!

http://www.allclassical.org/ 

Lastly this morning, let me leave you with a most uplifting quote from today's Our Daily Bread devotional:

"Remember, God can be known. He is a Person, not a logical or theological concept. He thinks, wills, enjoys, feels, loves, and desires as any person does. A. W. Tozer writes, “He is a person and can be known in increasing degrees of intimacy as we prepare our hearts for the wonder of it.”  ~A. W. Tozer

http://odb.org/

I hope you enjoy these links, and enjoy your day! Next time, I'll post some "Good Nonsense" to balance this all out.



 

2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for featuring our Ironing Board Cover, so happy you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete