Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Monday, April 15, 2013

A Small Spot of Good News


































Yet another dastardly attack by violent misguided individuals intent on creating panic and instilling fear and destroying life... Sad to say, it's nothing new under the sun. In light of the bloodshed, grief, and destruction perpetrated in Boston today, it might seem frivolous to rejoice in  the small blessings today has brought, but I believe it's what we're meant to do. 

"In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" (1 Thessalonians 5:18). Note the preposition: in everything. Not for everything. I continually find that praise--consciously looking for the good in life and thanking God for it--can disarm evil's power to oppress and overcome me. "This is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith" (1 John 5:4).
 
And so here's some news worth being glad about: little Nessie has been adopted! I am so pleased. You can read about it here:

http://displacedpetsrescue.com/ReHomed.htm 

I'm also happy to finally unveil a project I've had underway for some time. I've felt guilty for being a member of the Etsy Animal Artists team because my creative output is so sparse and sporadic. I halfway expect the arrival of the Fraud Squad to expose me as an imposter. But today, at long last, I put the finishing touches on a new animal project and here is the result:

 
                     Introducing...  Hippolong Cassidy!




Hippolong is the largest stuffed animal I've attempted so far. He's 2 feet long and almost 10 inches high at his tallest point. I'll have to do some rearranging of my photographic studio (okay, so it's really my laundry room) so I can get his whole body into the frame. He's made of vintage handkerchief print and gingham fabrics. I'm not quite satisfied with his neckerchief yet, but a bit more tweaking and I'm sure it will come right. And there's more to come--Hippolong will soon have a girlfriend! I haven't quite figured out a name for her yet, but perhaps I will have done so by the time I get her finished. Wedding bags first!

I want to give credit where credit is due. Here's a proper "hats off" to Mad Hatter Supply of Etsy for the delightful cowboy hat. Do check out Jennifer's shop!  www.etsy.com/shop/madhattersupply
I'd all but given up on finding one just the right size until I found this one.

 

 




1 comment :

  1. YAY! for Nessie!

    and I love the hippo! its really good!
    I love your stuffed animals cant wait to see more of them.

    ReplyDelete