Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

Think on th' eternal home,
The Saviour left for you;
Think on the Lord most holy, come
To dwell with hearts untrue:
So shall ye tread untired His pastoral ways,
And in the darkness sing your carol of high praise.

--from Keble's The Christian Year, Thoughts in Verse



Saturday, April 6, 2013

It Cost Me One Dollar


Ah, the joys of thermoset! Wonderful stuff. I got this handful of vintage plastic treasure at a garage sale this morning for a whopping dollar. Both the bracelets are wearable, and the necklace...Well, I'll see what I can do with it since the clasp is broken off. Just think how gorgeous this loot will be when I've cleaned it properly and replaced a few missing rhinestones

Speaking of cleaning things up, I'll show you what I found last week for a pittance...

 
 ...a pretty little "Tod-L-Dee" rubber doll by the Sun Rubber Company. I'm not certain, but I think maybe the dress is original. It's definitely old. The doll is grimy, but cute. I remember playing with one similar to this at my grandma's house when I was a very little girl, and it was an old doll even then. Perhaps Vanessa of Vintage Toy Fun will be able to fill in the blanks with more information???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Far be it from me to blog and run, but I did promise to post the next chapter of Earth's Greatest Day, so here goes! We're nearly finished.














   



1 comment :

  1. I almost went to yardsales they were going on all week but ...I thought of the last years and how it was all clothes and no vintage..so I changed my mind.
    The problem is ours is so big and so widly advertised I think its how the town thrives people come from all over every year texas california, utah ,nebraska, ect ect....
    So by the time I get around its pretty picked through and the traffic is insane..

    Sun rubber is a neat company!
    Ive been researching it
    Let me do a bit more looking into them and Ill facebook it to you :)

    Let me know what other toys/squeaks you get your helping me get practice for a project Im working on :)

    ReplyDelete