Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Thursday, July 11, 2013

I Follow "Kitsch Toys" Advice







Round the World Doll Series: Leilani of Hawaii MIB

Did you know Tuesday was "Open a Toy" day? Neither did I. But a new favorite facebook site of mine gave me this dictum:

It's open a toy Tuesday! Let a toy out of a bag today before they suffocate! This page does not condone the cruelty of keeping them in 'packaging'. Free them! Play with them!


I decided this was good advice. I'd had these two dolls for sale in my MelmacParadise shop for over a year with not much interest because I was trying to keep them "MIB" (mint in box--or, in this case, mint in bag) but yesterday I gave myself a raging "Phooey!" and opened them both up and took new photos. Here they are now:

Round the World doll series, Gina of India and Leilani of Hawaii

  www.etsy.com/listing/107699500/round-the-world-doll-series-jina-of
www.etsy.com/listing/107700367/round-the-world-doll-series-leilani-of

They look much better now, don't you think?

I've been thinking a lot about my shop photos, and trying to make them more appealing both to buyers and to Etsy treasury-makers. Sometimes I've found I can just switch photos around and it makes an old listing look fresh and interesting, but at other times--like this--it's just best to take new photographs altogether. I find that de-cluttering the backgrounds makes them a lot more likely to be featured in treasuries, and more treasuries means more exposure to potential buyers. I'm learning...

Anyway, DO check out Kitsch Toys. It's such a nostalgia trip! And you can post photos of your own fun toys from the past.
 www.facebook.com/KitschToys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's it for today--I've got to run! Tomorrow my junking-buddy Claudia and I are heading to two church rummage sales and I'm getting ready to head out. Be on the lookout for another edition of The Sheer Trash Roadshow coming your way soon!!!!

 



3 comments :

  1. this is fantastic!! and arnt they photogenic! what a cute couple of girls! (you know i made that up about it being open a toy day...i just wanted to open toys lol) but yes! let them breath! peering at life through sometimes discoloured plastic or even in boxs with not light :( love your blog thanks for shareing kitchtoys fb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, official or not, it worked for me! I always feel sorry for toys trapped in their original packages, so it was nice to have excuse to open them.

      Delete
  2. Love kitsch toys :)
    Those dolls are so cute and happier out of their packages.

    ReplyDelete