Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

Think on th' eternal home,
The Saviour left for you;
Think on the Lord most holy, come
To dwell with hearts untrue:
So shall ye tread untired His pastoral ways,
And in the darkness sing your carol of high praise.

--from Keble's The Christian Year, Thoughts in Verse



Thursday, July 11, 2013

I Follow "Kitsch Toys" Advice







Round the World Doll Series: Leilani of Hawaii MIB

Did you know Tuesday was "Open a Toy" day? Neither did I. But a new favorite facebook site of mine gave me this dictum:

It's open a toy Tuesday! Let a toy out of a bag today before they suffocate! This page does not condone the cruelty of keeping them in 'packaging'. Free them! Play with them!


I decided this was good advice. I'd had these two dolls for sale in my MelmacParadise shop for over a year with not much interest because I was trying to keep them "MIB" (mint in box--or, in this case, mint in bag) but yesterday I gave myself a raging "Phooey!" and opened them both up and took new photos. Here they are now:

Round the World doll series, Gina of India and Leilani of Hawaii

  www.etsy.com/listing/107699500/round-the-world-doll-series-jina-of
www.etsy.com/listing/107700367/round-the-world-doll-series-leilani-of

They look much better now, don't you think?

I've been thinking a lot about my shop photos, and trying to make them more appealing both to buyers and to Etsy treasury-makers. Sometimes I've found I can just switch photos around and it makes an old listing look fresh and interesting, but at other times--like this--it's just best to take new photographs altogether. I find that de-cluttering the backgrounds makes them a lot more likely to be featured in treasuries, and more treasuries means more exposure to potential buyers. I'm learning...

Anyway, DO check out Kitsch Toys. It's such a nostalgia trip! And you can post photos of your own fun toys from the past.
 www.facebook.com/KitschToys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's it for today--I've got to run! Tomorrow my junking-buddy Claudia and I are heading to two church rummage sales and I'm getting ready to head out. Be on the lookout for another edition of The Sheer Trash Roadshow coming your way soon!!!!

 



3 comments :

  1. this is fantastic!! and arnt they photogenic! what a cute couple of girls! (you know i made that up about it being open a toy day...i just wanted to open toys lol) but yes! let them breath! peering at life through sometimes discoloured plastic or even in boxs with not light :( love your blog thanks for shareing kitchtoys fb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, official or not, it worked for me! I always feel sorry for toys trapped in their original packages, so it was nice to have excuse to open them.

      Delete
  2. Love kitsch toys :)
    Those dolls are so cute and happier out of their packages.

    ReplyDelete