Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Hmmmphhh!

So much for my fish. Just this morning I was proudly presenting it to you in all its glory. 

Then I went to wash it.

The crazy thing just crumbled! I'd almost say it melted. Totally unexpected outcome and I'm dumbfounded. I will ask my chemist daughter if she can explain what happened. 

Oh, well. A couple of weeks ago I dropped and broke the lid to a vintage honey pot. Now it's the fish. These things happen. The beauty of vintage collecting is that there will always be another gem to take the place of the one that departs. (Or is that the curse?)

I'll change gears for a bit, and show you one of my utterly useless projects. 

These are my not-quite-finished miniature felt-and-pompom Santas.
I made them several months back, promptly forgot about them, and recently they came to light. I need to add pompoms to the tips of their hats yet, and add either a pin or a string to each one. My original intention was to make them into pins, but now I'm thinking they might do better as package trims or ornaments. Maybe I'll put them in packages when people buy things during December for a fun, silly bonus. If you're wondering why some of them have blue noses, it's because I ran out of rosy red. I decided "blue with cold" also works. They all look somewhat morose and slightly drunken, but I'm rather fond of them all the same. 

Next time around, I hope to show you some of the vintage clothes I brought home from the estate sale. I may get brave and show you another of my bizarre craft projects while I'm at it.

 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment