Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Adjusting!


My wonderful friend and blessing, Peppy

I'm so excited about this lovely photograph of Peppy I managed to take yesterday! His fur shows its true autumn-red hues and his expression is so typical of how I usually see him--alert and serious, yet relaxed. 

And I've got news for you today--I'm not looking so bad myself! Not sure if it was the vitamin B12 I took yesterday, the half hour I spent raking up yard debris in yesterday's warm, rejuvenating sunshine, or that my system is simply adjusting to the new reduced-sleep regime, but I am feeling prime!


I'm in the mood today to make oatmeal-raisin cookies. They were a staple when I was growing up. My mom made them as bar cookies and they were so chewy and delicious. Unfortunately, I don't have the recipe she used and I've never managed to find one quite like it. It seems mine either turn out too crisp (if I make drop cookies) or too cake-like (if I bake them in a 9" x 12" pan). But hope springs eternal. I will try again. I want something yummy, easy, and reasonably nutritious to grab and eat for breakfast.

I'm going to sign off for now, but will be back to update and critique the latest cookie batch later today.





 



No comments :

Post a Comment