Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Etsy Angst Revisited

Here's an excerpt from one of last year's blog posts:

"I've concluded my stuff is just not appealing to the savvy, upmarket buyers. Change is mandated if I want to command the truly Big Bucks. I've got to start offering wedding veils made of musty burlap. Empty my kitchen junk drawer onto a glue-covered automobile floor mat and call it fine art. Swirl Pepto-Bismol around in an old mayonnaise jar and market it as "cottage chic" decor. Hack a hole through a worn, sagging sofa cushion, ring it around someone's neck like a doughnut and proclaim it an "infinity scarf". You get the idea."

 

 http://sheertrashroadshow.blogspot.com/2013/05/feeling-snide.html

And you thought I was kidding!

 http://img1.etsystatic.com/037/1/7551094/il_570xN.521295529_gco7.jpg




 Found on the Sidewalk


Anastasia// Boho Medieval Bride Burlap Baby's Breath Romantic Vintage Style Victorian Style Mucha Inspired Whimsical Veil


The Extra Large Cozy in Walnut Shell


These and other treasures can be yours. Just thank Etsy. And, yes, this post was inspired when I saw the large doughnut ringing the model's neck like some kind of whiplash brace on Etsy's front page last night.

1 comment :

  1. What don't people call art these days?
    I almost like that trash collage almost...

    ReplyDelete