Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Monday, February 10, 2014


Yawn...

Yeah, yeah, I know why you're here. You want to see what I look like this morning another night of staying up way past my bedtime to watch the Olympics. Fair enough. I did invite you to check in daily. I'm actually doing pretty well, considering. But judge for yourself.




So far this staying up late night after night has been a walk in the park. No negative effects I can detect--at least, nothing a couple of pots of coffee and a milk bone won't fix.

(Anyone know how far it is to the nearest hydrant?)


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Okay, now for a quick progress report on my latest knitting project. I cast on the first piece of a pleated skirt for my older granddaughter on Thursday morning, and last night I finished it. It's not blocked yet so it looks a little wonky, but here it is:

I'm really liking this yarn. It's an acrylic double-knitting weight yarn "Stylecraft Special" which I bought from an Etsy shop called TexasYarnFarm. It's so smooth and enjoyable to work with. The color is "graphite". 

I'm also drawn to this lovely brown yarn:

Stylecraft Special DK - 100 grams - Walnut - 1054
www.etsy.com/listing/174468877/stylecraft-special-dk-100-grams-walnut 

At $3 a skein it's a great deal. I'm noticing how many of the vintage patterns I love call for "double knitting" yarn and for some reason, it's challenging to find that type locally. I can see that TexasYarnFarm will be getting more orders from me in the future.

The shop also has a wide selection of Rowan cotton yarns and beautiful "Cashmerino" baby yarn:


 
Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino - Assorted Colors - 30 skeins
www.etsy.com/listing/162585209/debbie-bliss-baby-cashmerino-assorted

If I continue at this rate I'll have the whole skirt done in a few days, and I can figure out what kind of cute sweater I want to put with it. I'm rather drawn to this, but not sure it's big enough. I'll have to take some measurements. The shop is Robyn's Nest Boutique on Etsy:

Girls White  Sweater with Red Roses size 3
www.etsy.com/listing/84527945/girls-white-sweater-with-red-roses-size

Sweet, huh? I do love the little schoolgirl look for preschoolers. 

 
 




 

No comments :

Post a Comment