Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Jiggety-Jig


To market, to market to buy a fat pig,

Home again, home again, jiggety-jig!






Be it ever so (humble, messy, disorganized, or what-have-you) there's no place like home, and I'm glad to be back after 8 days in South Carolina. I don't know who was happiest to see me, my husband or my dogs, but I'm so relieved to have seen my last of planes and airports for a while. 

I'm  not sure, but I think that's me on the left, halfway between Chicago and Portland.


When I've rested up I'll share a bit about the trip and include  photos of some of the vintage goodies I found there, so check back again over the next few days. Some of my finds are in my suitcase, and others will be arriving via the post office during the coming week. I'll have the Etsy shops open again before the week is out.

A few of my South Carolina "grand-pets"...  Elsa, Max, and Socks

Photo: Elsa and Max snuggled up for a nap.



Photo: If he fits, Sox sits. 


No comments :

Post a Comment