Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Monday, October 27, 2014

I Announce, with Quivering Pride...

My  
NEW 
IMPROVED 
POODLE COZIES!




www.etsy.com/listing/208737007/traditional-style-turquoise-toilet

www.etsy.com/listing/208736518/happy-naughty-poodle-puppy-turquoise
www.etsy.com/listing/208739622/kitsch-poodle-pair-bathroom-cozies

Friends, I am on a roll! The ideas just keep coming. I haven't been this jazzed about anything I've made in a long time. 

When it comes to the poodle cozies, I am never quite sure how any of them will turn out. I may have an idea when I begin, but these dogs have their own ideas, it seems. Each has its own unique expression--whether from the slight tilt of a head, the placement of the eyes, or the length of the ears, no two are ever quite the same.
And add in an old mismatched shoe of Ken's, and--well--it's magical!

A couple of terrific little gadgets have had their part to play in these masterworks, and I want to share them with you. I bought them for myself recently on Etsy, and already I'm seeing a big improvement in my crocheting. I've never learned properly and can manage only the most basic of stitches, making things up as I go along. But now I have hope I may even learn to follow an actual crocheting pattern some day.

These little gizmos are the greatest thing since sliced bread! I hope you'll check out the shops, PlayingWithFiber and Dianescrafts1:
 
Crochet Stitch Markers Removable Lightweight No Snag Set A of 4
www.etsy.com/listing/159977003/crochet-stitch-markers-removable



Knit or Crochet Stitch Markers
www.etsy.com/listing/198551466/knit-or-crochet-stitch-markers

Now keep some of that amazement for another post later this week as I have been making even more wonderfully absurd stuff I plan to share.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment