Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Whole Lot of Silly Going On


Okay, I admit it. I've been assiduously ignoring this blog for weeks now... telling myself I don't want to write in it... pretending it doesn't exist... pretending that no one reads it anyway... (Well, that part is true!)

But there has been a purpose in my absence. It came to me a few weeks ago that, rather than thinking about making things, or blogging about making things, or amassing supplies to make things, what I really needed to commit to was making things. "Do, or do not," in other words. 

So, without further ado, I reveal the latest absurdities. Or some of them, anyway.



This spangled lavender hat has lain in one of my needlework bags for close to a year, waiting for me to buck up and complete a five-minute finishing job that, hitherto, I've consistently avoided. I'm thankful to say it's now for sale in my shop at long last. 

www.etsy.com/listing/207573900/new-ooak-purple-spangle-sequin-slouch




www.etsy.com/listing/207691149/set-of-4-adorable-puppy-and-kitten

I've been playing with plastic shrink-film of late and decided to see what I could do in the way of Christmas tree ornaments. I've also got a bunch of pins ready to put together and list--same cute little animals. Pomeranian ornaments are fairly few and far between, so maybe these will be a hit. I like them, anyway!

www.etsy.com/listing/207688651/exclusive-pomeranian-christmas-tree


And, after a long absence, I am thrilled to announce...


www.etsy.com/listing/207798287/primrose-and-her-pups-bathroom-poodle


 ... the poodles are back! New, improved, and more outlandish than ever!
This is Primrose, and her little soap cozy puppies.


The little guys still have their puppy coats.


www.etsy.com/listing/208161848/in-the-wee-small-hours-of-the-morning

Sleepy-eyed "New Mom" poodle went on sale in Pep's shop this afternoon. I am so pleased with the chenille-stem-and-pompom puppy I managed to contrive. All sorts of possibilities present themselves to mind for further projects!

Believe it or not, I still have more things to share. But it's getting late and I need to sign off. Hopefully it won't take me so long to get back with the next post, but who knows? 

Mayhem has a tendency to strike unexpectedly.








 

No comments :

Post a Comment