Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Friday, November 7, 2014

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow


I'm both excited and a bit sad to report that one of my girls is taking off for sunnier climes. Yes, my Sleepy New Mom poodle cozy and her puppy have been purchased and are on their way to a new life in California. In case you missed her debut a couple of weeks ago, here she is:




I dedicate her portrait and the following song to all the sleep-deprived new parents out there. Hang in there! After a while you get used to feeling like one of the walking dead. I should know; I'm a veteran mom.




I took a few last photographs of her before packing her in a box and shipping her off; she's truly one-of-a-kind, and she'll have a soft spot in my heart always. 

Time for a last "group hug" or two before breaking up the old gang...




I suppose this blog post is a strong indication that I really do need to get a life. 

Ah, well. I'm easily entertained.



She's leaving home. Bye-bye!




www.etsy.com/treasury/MTUzNDcxMDN8MjcyNDQ0MzY2NQ/shes-leaving-home

1 comment :

  1. Oh wow thats beautiful! and you sure have been busy!! thats a lot of poodles!

    ReplyDelete