Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Why I'm Posting Early Today

www.etsy.com/treasury/MTUzNDcxMDN8MjcyNzAwNDkxMg/ill-be-glad-when-my-dogs-adjust-to-the



That was self-explanatory, I hope. And if you'd like to know what I've been thinking of since being rudely awakened at the crack of doom, here's another visual:

www.etsy.com/treasury/MTA0ODU1ODB8MjcyNzAwNTAxOA/all-i-want-for-breakfast

As if this weren't bad enough, in the two or three hours since I've been up, I could have made myself those cookies and been eating them by now and been done with it but I keep wandering about and rummaging through the cupboards and the refrigerator, hoping somehow something deliciously homemade and yummy will magically appear instead of me just bucking up and baking.

So now I'm going to try an experiment and attempt one of those probably too-good-to-be-true microwave-in-a-mug recipes from Pinterest. 

So far my success rate with Pinterest recipes--foodwise or craftwise--has not been a rip-roaring success. All those wonderful things one is supposed to be able to do with glow-sticks and bubble solution being a case in point; so-called "fabulous"quick bread and cake recipes that I end up feeding to the chickens. But this morning I am desperate.

I've picked out this one:


Let's see what happens.

 
Okay, here's the goop mixed and ready to nuke. 
 
You may also take this opportunity to admire my vintage restaurant-ware Shenango mug.

Yeah...right...
As directed, I begin with using the minimum time specified in the recipe. 30 seconds at 70% power. Looks like runny batter, so I proceed with an additional 10 seconds as advised.

Hmmm...  Still looks like gooey batter, though testing with a fork reveals something cake-like forming beneath the layer of ooze.
 I will do more microwaving, though I'm already at maximum, supposedly.

And I will do more microwaving....

And I will do more microwaving...

And yet a little more microwaving...

Good grief.
 I give up. It smells like a chocolate chip cookie 
   and the flavor is like a chocolate chip cookie.
But the texture is like some sort of sticky, sludgy pudding.
Probably a hit if you're the sort of person that snarfs down cookie batter by the cupful, but I prefer to chew my cookies 
rather than suck them. 
(Freudian slip, perhaps? Suck?)

Well, at least I won't have to try that particular experiment again.
And I'm no longer craving cookies for breakfast.


Maybe my Shenango is just too classy for this kind of nonsense.

  






No comments :

Post a Comment