Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Broken Down Again: A Bunny Debacle

Poor Baby


I'm just back from a visit with best junking buddy and best pal/ sister-in-law Claudia, and I was hoping to share here some of the goodies I acquired, but instead it looks like I'm heading to the vet with Lollia again this morning. 

About a month ago I had her to the emergency veterinary clinic when she exhibited some bizarre symptoms of trembling, hunching her back, and yelping, and it was determined then that she had injured her neck somehow. She had a course of pain pills, muscle relaxants, and two weeks' worth of highly-curtailed activity, and that cleared things up. 

But on Wednesday morning, I looked out the window to see that the pom triumvirate feverishly engaged on what looked like digging at a mole hill. I went out to investigate and discovered that they had, to their own astonishment and mine, caught a themselves a rabbit, and what I thought was frantic digging was actually the three of them yanking the poor creature apart like a gruesome Elizabethan-era drawing-and-quartering execution. Oh, well... they are dogs, after all,  no matter their diminutive size. It was probably the biggest adventure of their lives so far, though not so lucky for the poor bunny.

Unfortunately all that tugging must have wrenched Lollia's neck muscles again. Fortunately our regular vet can squeeze her in in an hour, so we're off to town. Not exactly the way either us had hoped to spend our Saturday, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

But before I go, I wanted to share some treasuries I've made recently. I hope you'll visit these terrific shops. I meant to post these sooner--my apologies to those of you who've been kept waiting!

www.etsy.com/treasury/MTA0ODU1ODB8MjcyNzIyMTYzNg/treasure-trove

www.etsy.com/treasury/MTA0ODU1ODB8MjcyNzIxMjQ0NA/epsteam-makes-me-happy

www.etsy.com/treasury/MTA0ODU1ODB8MjcyNDY2MDI3Nw/suits-me-to-a-t

www.etsy.com/treasury/MTA0ODU1ODB8MjcyNDY1NTc0NQ/see-the-sea

www.etsy.com/treasury/MTA0ODU1ODB8MjcyNzIxNTU5Ng/orange-and-green-epsteam-keen
www.etsy.com/treasury/MTA0ODU1ODB8MjcyNDY1NjA4Mw/that-warm-and-fuzzy-feeling
 

No comments :

Post a Comment