Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Poodle Party!

As I've mentioned before, I'm gradually reducing my collections and the general clutter of 30+ years of marriage and family life. It's a slow and often painful process, but I'm bucking up and making gradual progress. Ordinary bits and pieces are being donated to the local thrift stores, but the more special pieces I'm listing for sale.

Recently, I listed some of my dear old stuffed poodles. They've been garnering a fair amount of attention, most notably from Asian buyers, but the postage for these large items is rather terrifying, and so far, no one's quite taken the hook:

1950s Plush Poodle Trio: Stuffed Dog Toys
www.etsy.com/listing/220913991/1950s-plush-poodle-trio-stuffed-dog-toys


Fluffy White Stuffed Poodle Toy
www.etsy.com/listing/221386161/fluffy-white-stuffed-poodle-toy
I've also listed a rare vintage vinyl toy poodle by Kamar. I may have it priced too high--sometimes it's difficult to know what's appropriate--but if it doesn't sell, I'm happy to keep her. 



Rare Collectible Pink Vinyl Poodle by Kamar Ink
www.etsy.com/listing/222735101/rare-collectible-pink-vinyl-poodle-by



There are, of course, my signature toilet tissue cozies available, though I haven't made any new ones for a while, but what I really want to show you today came from a fabulous estate sale which junking-buddy/sister-in-law Claudia and I found last summer.

I've been clutching these little beauties to myself, but--vet bills beckon--so today I officially put them on the block. Take a look:

 
Extraordinary Gray Yarn Poodle Applique or Wall Hanging
www.etsy.com/listing/223511217/extraordinary-gray-yarn-poodle-applique

Darling Pink Poodle Yarn Applique for Crafts or Decor
www.etsy.com/listing/223510261/darling-pink-poodle-yarn-applique-for


Darling Pair of Yarn Applique Poodles for Crafts or Decor
www.etsy.com/listing/223511049/darling-pair-of-yarn-applique-poodles



Aren't these terrific? The woman who made them used them to decorate her walls; I think they'd be perfect for a poodle skirt or some over-the-top kitsch tote bag or purse. They wouldn't be difficult to make, so do feel free to "steal the plans"--I can't stop you, anyway, and I'm certainly going to attempt to make some. 

These sweet dogs are at least 50 years old. I wish I knew more about the lady who made them, and where she got the idea.

We used to have a standard poodle; she was quite a girl! I still have a soft spot for poodle collectibles, though I'm definitely a pomeranian convert since Peppy came along. 

This is Charlie,  our very big poodle (according to our groomer, she was the biggest female poodle in the county while she lived.) Peppy is just 2 years old here; Wickham and Lollia were pups.












No comments :

Post a Comment