Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Oh, Magoo, You've Done It Again!



Another sale, another $2 treasure trove!!

Today I had the delight of attending a garage sale held by a fellow vintage fanatic and (former) online seller. What a bunch of wonderful stuff she had, and she was selling it cheap! I really had to rein myself in to avoid bringing home massive armloads of stuff when I'm trying to destash and cut back, myself, but I did splurge and get some real goodies for myself, for gifts, and a few to restock the Peppy shop when I eventually reopen.

Let me hustle the gift items out of sight, and then I'll photo today's haul...



Okay, I'm back!!

First, a quick and partial peek:

A rather duddy little picture, that, so let me show you some close-ups.

For the Peppy shop, I swooped in and nabbed this delightful, rather large chenille chicken:

 



The little cream-colored terrier dog (celluloid?) has been adopted into my own collection, but the set of horse postage stamps in the background will go into Pep's shop to help raise funds for small breed dog rescue efforts.

 

The little Sunday School card is dated February 15, 1920. It fascinates me, not only for the story it represents (Peter and Cornelius, Acts 10: 30-48) and beautiful scripture verses on the front...

 but because on the back...

 
...it's written in another language. I don't recognize it, but I'm thinking maybe it's a Scandinavian language.

My husband was jazzed to find this old padlock in its original box. There's no key, but it's still pretty cool, just to look at and fiddle with.

And now, I've saved the best for last.

Take a look at these fascinating old game pieces! I got a whole bagful of these, this is just a sampling:




Obviously these go back to the World War II era. The graphics are fascinating! I wish I knew the game these came from; maybe someone out there in cyberland can identify them? Several are duplicates, so I'll keep one set, and sell the others. I've no idea of the value, but as historical toy curiosities, I'd say they're bound to be collectible.

That's it for this round. Yours for better junking!!
Sometime, somewhere, someplace where you least expect it, you'll find the rummage sale of rummage sales... Happy hunting!
 




 

No comments :

Post a Comment