Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Monday, July 20, 2015

Fun Start to a Wild and Woolly Week

This week my shop is one of two featured shops in Epsteam's treasury challenge (Epsteam being one of what I guess you'd call a marketing support group for Etsy sellers; it's short for "Etsy Pickers Sellers Team") and this means an item of mine will be included in a veritable bonanza of great treasuries from fellow team members. Definitely very cool!

Making treasuries is an activity I enjoy, especially since the advent of the app Treasurybox*; it's something I like to do to relax, and it lets me "collect" without further stuffing my shelves or closet. It benefits other shops, but also tends to benefit my own in the long run, so it's a win-win.

I'll be crazy-busy keeping up with them all this week, and there will be way too many to share here, but I am going to try and highlight some every day. They're too good to keep to myself!

www.etsy.com/treasury/MTEzMDc0NDN8MjcyNTEwMjA0OQ/epsteam-double-feature-oatesgeneral

www.etsy.com/treasury/MTIzNzA2Njl8MjcyNTEwMTg5Nw/odds-and-ends-and-ends-and-odds

www.etsy.com/treasury/MzE1NzY5ODR8MjcyNzY2MzAwNA/deadeye-dickpart-time-p-i

Meanwhile, on the home front, there have been two wildfires in our area over the weekend, with helicopters flying overhead dumping water, with fire crews on the ground working to contain them. Thankfully they've been successful in both cases, but it's terribly dry here and we're all being very careful and alert to potential trouble. While most of the year in the Pacific Northwest it's a definite "feast" where rain is concerned, during the summer months it's more "famine", and this year is the driest I remember since moving here in the mid-1970's. 

Well, signing off for now...

*    https://brittanysbest.com/treasurybox-chrome-extension/

No comments :

Post a Comment