Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Friday, November 8, 2019

Going for the Wall!


It's a prison break! One more week and I'm bailing out of Etsy. 

Hi, friends... Yeah, I know. This blog has been out of sight and out of mind (out of MY mind!--but what else is new?) for months now, but there is hope of it being revived. The reason is, I've decided to chuck my Etsy shop. For real, this time! Only about a week to go and then I'm "going for the wall". Hallelujah!

I decided to bail out a couple of months ago and have been listing new items madly in a last gasp to clear out the excess vintage clutter around the place. I've put the shop into sale mode and I'm boxing stuff up madly and shipping it out. It's a bit frantic right now, but the prospect of (Dare I breathe it? Gasp!) FREE TIME is beckoning to me like a oasis mirage in the middle of the Sahara and I'm dragging myself toward it with all the waning strength I can muster.

The stuff that doesn't sell will be divied out to family members and friends or donated to the local humane society thrift shop. 

And how will I spend my nobly won free time, you ask? Doing everything and anything I jolly well want to, that's what! Going with the whim of the moment. Making things again. (It's been forever, it seems.) Reading. Maybe even taking up a musical instrument. Going for lots of walks with my dear, dear dogs. Maybe even resuming this blog! I have no fixed plans. I'm getting out of the loop, and I'm going to like it! 

Lollia and Wickham, now 11 years old.


So, anyway, that's the scoop. Just wanted to let you know, and do a little last-gasp shameless promotion of the shop. Still have over 300 vintage gems to part with and I hope you'll head over and check 'em out. 

Tune in next time for what might actually be a post worth reading, for a change! And thanks for hanging in here with me.

SheerTrashRoadshow.etsy.com


No comments :

Post a Comment