Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Dog Rescue... Very OLD Dog Rescue





It's probably been two or three years ago, at least, that I bought a bag of vintage yarn, and when I got it home, I found a little surprise in it: several knitted pieces to make a little stuffed toy dog. These were rubber-banded together with a magazine clipping with both the pattern and illustration showing how it would look when assembled.


I'm not sure just how old the pattern is, but I'm guessing it dates to the mid-1960's to 1970's. I'm going by the only clue I have, which is he photo of a bubble-cut Barbie on the reverse side of the instructions:


The knitted bits also appear old, being of a slight mohair texture. I wish I knew who had made them. No doubt the child for whom the toy was intended is long since grown and probably a grandparent by now.

But anyway, early last year I got around to stuffing the pieces with wool and sewing them together. Then I propped the little fellow up on a shelf in my sewing room and ignored him until a few days ago, when I decided to get cracking and finish him, as per my 2020 new year's resolution to conquer my many partially-finished craft and sewing projects.

Here's the result:



I think he's rather sweet!

I also finished a little dress this week. I'd gotten it about half done in December, but hadn't had time or desire to deal with it since. I'm showing you the front here; the back zipper is slightly wonky but serviceable. 





I hate doing zippers! Especially lapped zippers, which I can never quite figure out, no matter how many YouTube tutorials I watch. One of these days I intend to make myself learn how to do them properly. 

So, a few more "UFO's" crossed off the list and I'm onward and upward!

Here's the complete pattern for the dog, in case you'd like to make your own: 

No comments :

Post a Comment