Let us put by some hour of every day for holy things...

I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails.
I will believe the Hand which never fails,
From seeming evil, worketh good for me.
And though I weep because those sails are tattered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered:
I trust in Thee.
--Ann Kimmel

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines, the labor of the olive shall fail and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the fold and there shall be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Thursday, April 19, 2012

In Memoriam

I'm sorry to have to report that Vanessa's beloved cat Merrill died last night. 

Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives. -- John Galsworthy

I remember the keen agony of a few such deaths over the years. The pain is wretched, but if the alternative were to have no animal to love, that would be far worse.

1 comment :